1. When did you first know you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve wanted to write a book since I was 10 years old! My life is never dull, something funny is always happening- and I also love to laugh at myself – so I prayed hard the right opportunity would come, and it did!
2. How long have you been writing? How many books have you written?
I have been writing for about two years! I have published one book, and am in the throws of another!
3. What made you want to self-publish?
My favorite poet Rupi Kaur self publishes, and if she did it – I wanted to, too!
4. Would you recommend new authors self-publish, and would you recommend Gatekeeper Press?
1000% My Author Manager Tricia was an ANGEL! Self-publishing was so much fun, and everything went so smoothly. It’s your book, your way, your rules…with the help of amazing professionals.
5. What do you do marketing-wise to help announce and sell your books?
I use instagram, facebook, and word of mouth!
6. What advice do you have for a new or fledgling author?
Don’t be scared. DO IT! Chase your dreams! You’ll smile all the way through – I know I did!
7. What social media platforms are you on?
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
8. What is the one piece of advice you wish you had known when you first started out?
Anything really IS possible. Go for it. Don’t hold back. I think if I was scared I’d never write a book – but when I committed to it, it happened! I can’t believe my book is at Target! Life goal, accomplished.
9. Please share your website/social media links below:
Facebook: Kate Garner