Terms of Service and Author Bill of Rights
Your decision to work with Gatekeeper Press constitutes your acceptance of our terms.
Gatekeeper Press is a publishing service provider offering the services listed on the Gatekeeper Press Pricing page. The prices for these services may be amended from time to time by Gatekeeper Press.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ON FILE WITH GATEKEEPER FOR SO LONG AS YOU AVAIL YOURSELF OF ANY SERVICES.
A) Author Rights and Obligations
As an author with Gatekeeper Press, you will:
- Be assigned an Author Manager as your main point of contact.
- Retain 100% of the rights to your material, including any files we create for you and any ISBNs assigned to your material.
- Have 100% control over the file-creation process.
- Receive 100% of the net proceeds earned on the sale of your material.
- Have the right to withdraw your material from sale with Gatekeeper Press at any time for any reason.
- Have the ability to order your book at the Author Copy cost with no minimum quantity required, and have us ship to destinations worldwide.
- Warrant to Gatekeeper Press that you own or control the necessary rights to your material and will indemnify Gatekeeper Press for any costs connected with any claim inconsistent with this warranty.
- Agree to reimburse Gatekeeper Press for any negative royalty balance in accordance with our Returns Policy.
- Be entitled to a satisfaction guarantee on all file creation services. If you are not 100% satisfied with the files we create for you, we will work with you until you are or give you your money back for the file-creation service(s) in question.
- Your approval of files is considered an acknowledgment of satisfaction, including your approval of any sample layouts or illustration sketches.
B) Author Code of Conduct
When working with Gatekeeper Press, you agree to:
- Be respectful and professional in all communications.
- Not engage in abusive, harmful, or offensive language.
- Consolidate emails whenever possible.
- Abide by our production timelines and understand that your responsiveness will affect these timelines.
C) Gatekeeper Press’ Rights and Obligations
- Gatekeeper Press reserves the right to refuse any manuscript and/or remove from distribution any book that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Gatekeeper Press reserves the right to terminate its relationship with you for violations of our Author Code of Conduct. In the event of termination, all files will be returned to you, and you will not be precluded from republishing. You retain 100% rights to your files.
- Gatekeeper Press’ distribution service has been rendered once it has made available and delivered your material to our retail and wholesale partners. If your material is rejected or delayed by any partner for any reason, Gatekeeper Press will have no liability to you.
- Gatekeeper Press reserves the right to modify this Agreement with notice to you on its website.