1. When did you first know you wanted to be a writer?
2. How long have you been writing? How many books have you written?
3. What made you want to self-publish?
I wanted to self-publish because I knew I would have control over my book. I learned that after speaking with other authors, some who self-published, some who did not.
4. Would you recommend new authors self-publish, and would you recommend Gatekeeper Press?
5. What do you do marketing-wise to help announce and sell your books?
I have visited several bookstores in Chicago and LA and have been successful in getting my book in a lot of the stores. I have had a book reading/signing in two of them. 48th Street had been mentioned in two documentaries about childhood sexual abuse. I’m very vocal about my book…spreading the word and always asking for a review. Right now I have 75 five-star reviews.
6. What advice do you have for a new or fledgling author?
7. What social media platforms are you on?
8. What is the one piece of advice you wish you had known when you first started out?
I guess I wish I had been prepared for what a big undertaking it was and to know that stories have a life of their own. Again, I couldn’t have done it without an author manager and a great editor.
9. What do you feel is the biggest challenge authors are facing going into 2023 (and beyond)?
I don’t know what the biggest challenge authors will face in 2023 and beyond. Since I am a first time author, I learned my challenges by trial and error. I hope to do it again and this time I will know what I am getting into!
10. Have you won any awards or contests that you would like to mention?
I haven’t won any awards or contests.
Please share your website/social media links below: